So here they are fully beaded and already attached to my background.
I created the tree for Chrsopeleia by using a piece of silk blend fabric which I had dyed and sun printed on several years ago. I needle felted the tree using brown wool fibers and a wool blend yarn. Her foliage is an acrylic blend fuzzy yarn that I needle felted onto the background. I did some hand embroidery along the tree trunk and branches as well as outlined some of the leaf printings in the background fabric. I also needle felted a piece of pale green silk to 'ground' the tree at the bottom and used more embroidery. Then I attached the beaded dryad and heart to the tree and added more beads here and there throughout the tree and ground.
After I was satisfied with the embellishments I wanted to frame it but I had needle felted and stitched to just about the edge at top and bottom! So........... I machine stitched some green fabric around the edges so that it would be large enough to staple onto a gallery wrapped canvas (below).
Then I put it in a floater frame and Voila...
I tried and tried to steam out those wrinkles in the background fabric, but they just won't go away! When I dyed & sun printed the fabric I think it must have been wrinkled up like that while wet and then the sun just permanently set the wrinkles-like steaming pleats into silk. They just don't want to release now. So I just stitched the outline of the leaves in the background letting the wrinkles create a crinkly, textured effect. This was so much fun I think I would like to do a series of dryads;-)
I can't wait to see what the other AE team members and particpating guests have created with their healing broken hearts by Jenny!
Art Element Team-