Skip to main content

"Think About the Good Things You Have Today." Fortune Cookie

25 yrs ago today, my husband and I had our first date! Sometimes it seems like yesterday and then other times when I think back on our life together it feels like we've been together always. Our life together has been VERY full, lots of twists and turns with not one moment of boredom or regret involved! We have weathered the years together quite well.Some folks think we're a little silly because we celebrate our dating anniversary every year just as we celebrate our wedding anniversary.But our first date is very significant, otherwise there would be no wedding! Am I right?
So we celebrate and this year being our 'silver' anniversary (of dating) we're pretty excited about going out and having a very romantic dinner. Our 25th wedding anniversary is still 3 years away, so I'm thinking something REALLY BIG for that one.
In the meantime, dinner at an Italian restaurant tonight. After reading Eat, Pray, Love I'm very much in the mood for a great Italian meal. I'll let you know how it goes in a later post.
For now... today's tag commemorating our 25 years together!


My friends Terri & Marsha are so good about posting where their images came from.
I'm not too good at that because a lot of my images are from magazines, catalogs,
junk mail,etc.I do know where today's image came from-Artitudezine. A fabulous magazine that isn't being published right now. They used to include a full page of images on the back cover. So that's where this came from.
The text at the bottom is from a fortune cookie, as was yesterday's text on the tag.

Below is a doodle that I started last night during commercials while watching Project Runway. I was a bit disappointed in the All Star Challenge as far as the winner goes. The competition was good though. The season premiere of the show was a little lackluster, or maybe I was just so pumped about watching that I had envisioned great things on the very first show of the season since it's been GONE so long. Anyway, I'm sure that things will heat up during the rest of the season and be the spectacular show that I remember!

I have been doodling for a couple years now and keep saying that I'm going to 'DO
Something' with them. Like color it in, or scan and print on a transparency or fabric, or enlarge it and paint in the shapes. ???? So many possibilities yet I haven't done a thing with any of them. So I did this one in my art journal prompting me to actually do more with it. I'll let you know how it turns out or WHAT it turns into.
Have a fantastic weekend~

Comments

Janine said…
This was a wise fortune- cookie (hehe)and you made a wonderful tag.
I love the idea with the tape measure.
Have a lovely weekend
Janine
Happy anniversary! Do you know that this year I got the date wrong for our actual wedding anniversary and not my husband for once? We had to actually check out the documents to see if it was the 28th or 29th of July. Oh my. We have never celebrated our anniversaries much for some reason though I can tell you we love each other more today than we ever have in over 20 years. So, it is very nice to read about another couple that has survived all the "twists and turns". Celebrate!

If I could doodle like you doodle I might not do anything else! It's beautiful!

And, I'm just now becoming a Project Runway fan. Watched it all day today, though I don't know which season it was I was watching. Jeffrey won. It was good.
Terri Kahrs said…
Happy, Happy, 1st Date Anniversary, Cathy! Believe it or not, we celebrate ours too. This October 10th it'll be 35 years! Wow! How lucky are we to have such great partners!!! Hope you had a lovely dinner date. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs & Love, Terri xoxo
Cathy said…
Thanks so much for your lovely comments my friends. It is truly a blessing to have someone you can share your life with. Someone you actually enjoy being around. It was a fabulous time last night!
Cat said…
Happy aniversary! I'm glad to hear of a very happy couple! My sweetie and I enjoy a very wonderful enjoyable life together as well... it seems it is a rare treasure in a world of broken relationships.

Love your tag and LOVE your doodle!

: ) Cat
Cathy I love that you celebrate your first date how romantic. But then true love always is. Every moment, Every breath a journey into love. MMMM I really am such a romantic at heart.

I so love your tag and your doodle! I do think when you figure out what to do with the doodles they will be simply amazing.

And to the statement on my blog about drinking lemonade together YIPEE I can envision it now! So wonderful sipping lemonade and creating together:) How funny I am listening to Summertime right now on your blog I love it the jazzy seductive sway. AHHHH The good old summertime.
XXXOOO
Becky
Cathy said…
Thanks Cat & Becky! Enduring relationships are definitely a treasure to behold. It's wonderful being married to your best friend.
Yes Becky, I would love to come sip lemonade and play with art supplies!
It's a shame OK and IL are so far apart!
Alberta said…
I am rejoicing with you today, Cathy! You and your husband have been very blessed, and I hope y'all have many, many more happy years together.

Love,
Alberta

PS: I may even have to splurge and have Italian food myself tonight!
Cathy said…
Thank you dear Alberta! The food was wonderful at the restaurant. And the conversation even better!
Karen Cole said…
Hi Cathy,

I wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting me. Your comments made my day. Wish I could automatically link back to you somehow.

You have a lovely blog here. Love the color scheme and back ground.....and doodles.....and tag projects.....
Trish said…
happy anniversary:) I think that is sweet! You know, I usually hate blog music, it just usually startles me cause I'm not expecting it and always seem to have speakers up loud, but I like your music, it's soothing. love your doodle-
thanks for the comment it really made me feel better. My kitty is under the bed-took the litter box and food and water (in the new food and water bowl i bought for her today, along with a new stuffed catnip toy and treats:) back to my bedroom so she wouldn't have to go far. I just started crying when I saw her hobbling and falling:(
ok, I'm going to end up writing a book if I don't stop-so I'll say goodbye for now-
have a good evening!
Trish
Gaby Bee said…
Happy anniversary, Cathy! Hope you will have many more wonderful years together.
Love your tag and your doodling!
Gaby xo
Cathy said…
Thanks Karen, Trish and GAby!
Your thoughts and comments mean so much.
TextileTraveler said…
Love that doodle! I agree with you about the PR Challenge show--disappointed, but looking forward to the rest of this season!
Cathy said…
thanks Michelle! I can't wait to see if things get better tomorrow night on PR.

Popular posts from this blog

Art Elements Component of the Month for April

Over at Art Elements Jen hosted the Component of the Month for April. She is a glass artist and made some amazing lampwork glass beads with texture. I just love the colors especially when the light hits it. She said she had the 'northern lights in mind' when she created these beauties.
She planted the 'northern lights' in my mind as well. Immediately I thought about freeform peyote and creating some sort of movement of light and color streaking through the sky. I have to confess I do a LOT of bead embroidery and some peyote bezeling BUT I don't do a lot of bead weaving. But I thought this was my chance to do some practicing!
I attempted to created lots of movement/texture with the beading. I left some open spaces and also created lots of waving/rippling with changing up the bead size periodically. AND I had no idea what I was doing. Just picking up beads and trying them out. I think it worked okay.
Once I got the slightly irregular piece beaded, I needed to figure …

Component of the Month Design Challenge

Over at Art Elements Caroline created the most beautiful starry bead sets for August's Component of the Month Design Challenge.
Below is the bed set that I received. The photo doesn't do them justice. The lustrous finish is just gorgeous and those stars on the central bead are brilliant.

I received these beads while I was working on a tuturial for etching brass bullet casings (you can see the dirty fingers in the above photo). As soon as my bullets were etched I knew the brass would look really good with these beads!
So I created a tassel of brass chains and seed beads to dangle from the bullet shell then added the starry bead at the top.
Once I create a pendant whether it's bead embroidered or a tassel type pendant, I am always torn about how to finish the necklace portion off... Of course I knew I would use the other 2 beads but I didn't know whether to use chain or more beads or leather etc etc etc.... Too many choices.
I ended up creating just a short beaded porti…

Art Elements' Component of the Month for February

Jenny hosted this month's Component of the Month over at Art Elements. She created lovely polymer clay hearts that she sculpted with cracks/breaks and then used wire to 'suture' the broken heart back together. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them.  The green one really spoke to me so I requested a green heart cabochon (below).

 I decided to pair the beautiful green heart with one of Jenny's dryad pendants (below). They are created with ceramic clay and then she adds leaves/berries with polymer clay. I took the liberty of clipping off the wire for hanging (sorry Jenny) so I could use it as a cabochon.
 I already knew that I would create some sort of mixed media background to attach them to once I beaded around them. And of course I fortgot to photograph the cabochons by themselves once they were beaded.
So here they are fully beaded and already attached to my background.
I just love the heart on the tree...Reminiscent of hearts carved into tree trunks with lov…