Skip to main content

Goodbye To Dizzy; Hello Zinardi


The above photo is my daughter (the college freshman who is home for springbreak).
She is riding her horse Dizzy; or rather it WAS her horse until yesterday. We sold her....
SAD... WE knew we should do it, but we love her alot! Even though she was a bit
crazy at times and she grew WAY TOO BIG for my 5'2" daughter. It was not the right horse for my daughter and we knew it, but we still hated to get rid of her.
WE had no idea she would sell so quickly. Just our luck...We moved last summer and our old house in GA STILL HAS NOT SOLD. We really need to sell that house. Didn't really HAVE to sell the horse right now BUT she sold in less than 2 weeks. AND just as my daughter comes home for springbreak. WITH nothing to do but hang out with her boring parents.
Hence, the reason I scheduled shopping trips, hair appointments and movies.
Luckily, there is another horse 'waiting in the wings' to be loved on by us!
His name is Zinardi and flew over from Holland back in November.
He's a much better size for my daughter AND he's a HE, which means he doesn't have the female hormonal thing working like my dear old Dizzy.
The photo below is my daughter on Zinardi. He's quite a little love-muffin. Likes to
nuzzle and a little nibbling. We plan to lease him for the summer while she is home from college. Not sure what we'll do when she heads back to school in the fall.
It's a 'wait & see' kind of thing.
Anyway, that's a chunk of what's been happening in our household this week.

The week was supposed to be a happy one with daughter home.
First my wonderful camera BROKE, so I can't take photos unless I use my old crappy camera. Then the horse sold, the car had a minor malfunction and we FINALLY got an
offer on our house in GA today! Of course the offer is laughable. It's so far below
the list price that we don't even know what to say at this point.
I'll keep you posted.
We're going to visit Dizzy at her new barn later this week and say a 'formal' goodbye and take pics (with a crappy camera). My GOOD camera should be arriving
at the Canon Service center by Thurs. so maybe, just maybe I will have it back in a few short weeks.The car is fine now.I'll let you know how the home sale in GA shakes out...
In the meantime my fellow friends and artists.
Live your life creatively and definitely with a sense of humor!

Comments

Hi sweetie!

LOVE Dizzy!!! What a beautiful colorful coat...but, I can understand why you felt you had to let her go. I look forward to more pics of your new beauty.

Thank you so much for stoppin' by the yaya, and I look forward to gettin' to know ya!

xo...deb
FOREVER JANN said…
Gosh your daughter is lucky to have such a wonderful Mom ! Hope your springbreak time together goes wonderful for you two. The new horse looks lovely, hope he works out for your daughter too. Wishing you all happiness and a sweet green springtime !!
And laugh we must Cathy because without laughter the tears find there way in. So keep smiling and making lemonade:)
Your daughter is lovely and the horses are both beautiful! Even with a crappy camera which I understand all to well!
Hope your visit is wonderful and your week is filled with love and laughter.
As to my swamp problem. All is well. I will have concrete floors for a bit while I save for Wood which is what I really wanted when we moved in anyway, 10 years ago. So little blessings come in unexpected packages!
Have a magical day.
XXXOOO
Becky
Terri Kahrs said…
OK . . . Before I begin . . . BIG HUG, Cathy!!!! Sounds like you've been having a heck of a week!!!

Sorry to hear about your camera. I'm LOST without mine. I had to use my old point & shoot over the weekend, and I HATED the results. Deleted the entire card. Hopefully it'll be back soon!

Zinardi (love the name!) is beautiful! I'm sure your daughter will spend many happy hours with him. May he have a long and happy life. It'll be difficult saying "goodbye" to Dizzy, but I'm SURE he'll make someone VERY happy. (Another Hug!!!!)

Good luck with the GA House . . . am keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for you. Things look like they're picking up a bit in the housing market here in the NorthEast. It IS Springtime and the rates are very favorable now.

Checked out the Cloth, Paper, Scissors challenge . . . was a BIT too late!!!! The cut-off date was March 20th!!!! Oh, Well! Another time. Truly appreciate your suggestion.

Love & More Hugs for a SUPER Happy remainder of the week!!!!! Terri xoxoxo
Cathy Mendola said…
Thanks to all who left comments. We are planning a trip to see Dizzy at the new barn on Friday. I'll let you know how it goes.
I'll try to stop in your blogs sometime today or tomorrow!
Hugs to all!
Wow! So much going on! And I am just totally impressed with Dizzy and Zinardi and your daughter - wow, wowee, wow! Hope all shakes out as you say with everything. Next week will probably be same ol' same ol' whether that's good or bad. Hope it's better anyway and your house sells for a gazillion dollars!
marsha
Beth said…
I hope you can work something out with your house. Two houses in our neighborhood went under contract in the last two weeks. Maybe things are picking up.
Cathy Mendola said…
Thanks Marsha! Things are looking better already. WE got an offer on the house although it was laughable! We visited the horse and didn't break down and cry and have to be dragged away. My camera made it to the factory repair shop and I receive an estimate which was less than expected AND my daughter & I spent the majority of the day in downtown Chicago and it was a gorgeous spring day. We shopped till we dropped .
Next week I'll be back in the saddle, artistically speaking and visiting blogs regularly. Daughter goes back to college on Sun and hubby leaves for business trip on Tues. The entire week is MINE...
Thanks for the news Beth, our agent in GA did tell us that things are picking up a little.
I've got my fingers crossed.

Popular posts from this blog

Art Elements Component of the Month for April

Over at Art Elements Jen hosted the Component of the Month for April. She is a glass artist and made some amazing lampwork glass beads with texture. I just love the colors especially when the light hits it. She said she had the 'northern lights in mind' when she created these beauties.
She planted the 'northern lights' in my mind as well. Immediately I thought about freeform peyote and creating some sort of movement of light and color streaking through the sky. I have to confess I do a LOT of bead embroidery and some peyote bezeling BUT I don't do a lot of bead weaving. But I thought this was my chance to do some practicing!
I attempted to created lots of movement/texture with the beading. I left some open spaces and also created lots of waving/rippling with changing up the bead size periodically. AND I had no idea what I was doing. Just picking up beads and trying them out. I think it worked okay.
Once I got the slightly irregular piece beaded, I needed to figure …

Component of the Month Design Challenge

Over at Art Elements Caroline created the most beautiful starry bead sets for August's Component of the Month Design Challenge.
Below is the bed set that I received. The photo doesn't do them justice. The lustrous finish is just gorgeous and those stars on the central bead are brilliant.

I received these beads while I was working on a tuturial for etching brass bullet casings (you can see the dirty fingers in the above photo). As soon as my bullets were etched I knew the brass would look really good with these beads!
So I created a tassel of brass chains and seed beads to dangle from the bullet shell then added the starry bead at the top.
Once I create a pendant whether it's bead embroidered or a tassel type pendant, I am always torn about how to finish the necklace portion off... Of course I knew I would use the other 2 beads but I didn't know whether to use chain or more beads or leather etc etc etc.... Too many choices.
I ended up creating just a short beaded porti…

Art Elements' Component of the Month for February

Jenny hosted this month's Component of the Month over at Art Elements. She created lovely polymer clay hearts that she sculpted with cracks/breaks and then used wire to 'suture' the broken heart back together. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them.  The green one really spoke to me so I requested a green heart cabochon (below).

 I decided to pair the beautiful green heart with one of Jenny's dryad pendants (below). They are created with ceramic clay and then she adds leaves/berries with polymer clay. I took the liberty of clipping off the wire for hanging (sorry Jenny) so I could use it as a cabochon.
 I already knew that I would create some sort of mixed media background to attach them to once I beaded around them. And of course I fortgot to photograph the cabochons by themselves once they were beaded.
So here they are fully beaded and already attached to my background.
I just love the heart on the tree...Reminiscent of hearts carved into tree trunks with lov…