lovely coin clasps with a hare on them. Fortunately, I remembered to photograph it first but these little beauties are difficult to capture. My lighting was off in every photo and then this photo which I decided was the best is a bit out of focus. Ugh....
Well, I found out it is a tad more challenging. And of course you should never do something for the first time when you actually have to show it to people. I searched my beading books to determine how many beads and what size beads I needed. I found a tubular peyote necklace that used 10gm of size 11 seed beads. I had the perfect beads for it. I had 10 gm exactly....Guess what, 10 gm got me about 2/3 the way around my neck.
|At this point the tubular peyote looks pretty good, especially with the backdrop of my cat's fur. He was in my lap the entire time I beaded this.|
So here is the necklace....
I am so unhappy with my attempt at this tubular peyote that I plan to rip it apart, order more beads and do it properly because this clasp is just too cool to not have a proper necklace attached!
At the last minute before this post was scheduled to go live I decided to see if I could use this clasp to create something else until I have time to make a new tubular peyote necklace.
I came up with this bracelet... Using a piece of copper I had previously etched, paired with some copper jump rings, turquoise nuggets, copper bead and silver wire. The etched copper has a little verdigris patina on it.
Thanks to Niky for the lovely clasp! I enjoyed this 'test'. It was definitely a learning experience for me. I intend to master the whole bead weaving thing;-)
Come join along in the blog hop and see what all the other team members and guests have created.
Art Element Team