Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rose in Winter....

Actually no roses in winter around here. Even though it's been a mild winter so far, still too cold for roses. This was taken at the Rose Society Show at the Chicago Botanic Garden back in September.
It's my contribution to Texture Tuesday over at Kim Klassen's website.
For this photo, I adjusted the levels, brightness & contrast along with using a gradient map.
Then I layered it with Kim's 'confidence' texture on soft light at 100%, then layered Kim's 'embrace' texture on saturation at 60% and another 'embrace' layer on soft light at 43%.
It has a nice vintage feel to it I think.


Originally the rose was a bright yellow. I think I like it better white!

Hope you enjoy!

cathy

p.s. just realized the first song I have playing is 'Whiter Shade of Pale'.  Kind of goes along with the photo
kimklassencafe

8 comments:

Janine said...

Hi Cathy
I love the vintage look of your photos, they are just lovely.
Happy 2012 to you
Janine

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

A single rose and the music on your post...it takes me back to the 1960's ....simply gentle memories...a whiter shade of pale. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez stewart

On The Wings Of Love said...

This is lovely ...very soft and ethereal.

Cheers,
Bre

Kathleen said...

This is simply gorgeous! Your edits are the perfect winter treatment for a yellow rose.

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Thanks so much everyone!

Kaylene said...

Superb

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Thank you!!

Sylvia said...

So beautiful, Cathy !
The texture gives such a lovely rusty color on the edges !
Love that song :-)
Nice evening,
Sylvia