Tuesday, January 17, 2012

open to possibilities......




















My contribution to Kim's texture tuesday. Theme for today is 'OPEN'. I took this photo of Lake Michigan 2 weeks ago when we were experiencing a very mild winter day. Temps were in the upper 50's and the sky was just beginning to turn a pale pink as the sun was going down. Unfortunately, I left the beach area before the sunset was in full bloom. My daughter captured it on her iphone and I should've used one of her photos to alter. Instead I chose one of mine and played with the hue & saturation as well as levels and added a warm photo filter.  I added 2 of Kim's textures: one layer of embrace and 2 layers of evolve. Then I added text.
What better photo for the theme 'open' than the wide open spaces of a huge body of water.
Live your life creatively~ And always be open to possibilities!
kimklassencafe

9 comments:

Cathy said...

you may have missed the sunset in full bloom, but you captured it beautifully! it looks so peaceful and full of solitude : )

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love the thought of open possibilities!!! Wonderful photo! Peace, mary helen Fernandez Stewart

Susan said...

What a great idea! Beautiful picture.

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Thanks everyone!

geetlee said...

i agree! nothing like the a large expanse of water to make the word 'open' come alive.
love the softness of this image.

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Thanks so much!

georgia b. said...

such a serene view. lovely shot... especially with the way you processed it!

i came via kk's texture tuesday... i've been trying to go see all the other entires... a little late, but better than never. =)

Kristin said...

Wow! I love this blog! I'm all about photography, poems, reading and writing. I'm an arty type, and this is the perfect blog for that! I especially love this one post.... This is amazing!!

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

THanks so much Kristin! I have been very slack about posting on my blog all spring. Hopefully now that summer is here, I will be able to post at least weekly.
Thanks for stopping by.