Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I 'll show you a horse." unknown













For this week's edition of Texture Tuesday over at Kim Klassen's site the theme is 'story'. The saying that a picture is worth a thousand words can certainly apply to this picture of Ebeneezer above. He was actually trying to sniff the camera to see what it was.

And this picture of Pearl & Norman below appears as though they were posing for me. They actually seemed excited about having their picture taken and started following me around.













And one more photo of Norman's beautiful blue eye!
















I processed all of the above using several of Kim's textures in various modes and opacities.







Can't decide which is my favorite...
How about you..what's your favorite?



Live your life creatively & always carry your camera~

cathy
kimklassencafe

16 comments:

DebC said...

My favorite...the two at the fence.
I think.
The first one made me smile :)

Sherri B. said...

Oh wow...I love your images! The first one makes me smile. And the last two take my breath away...horses are such beautiful creatures. The textures add so much - thank you for sharing!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Ebeneezer is a handsome dude...I really think he was posing for you lady! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Pam @ The Blue Between said...

Ebeneezer makes me laugh, thank you! The second horse photo is probably my favorite for beauty though.

Ruth said...

Ebeneezer's adorable! Of course, actually, they're all adorable :)and great captures too!

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Thanks so much everyone! I love them all but I think my fave its probably Norman's blue eye!

Carole said...

I can't pick a favorite...they are all great. I love the quote.....ask me to show you poetry in motion I'll show you a horse.
I want to see War Horse but not sure I will recover from the crying.
thanks for stopping by,

Carole

Peabea said...

Really like the texturizing on all, and can't decide which one I like best. If I had to pick guess it would be the first one for novelty.

Peabea

Kathryn Dyche Dechairo said...

Great textured images, love the shot of ebeneezer.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

I find myself drawn to photographs of horses more and more -- these are outstanding, Cathy. I've never seen a blue-eyed horse. Amazing! :)

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Thanks so much everyone! I love photographing horses, especiallly their eyes. Very soulful. Although donkeys are cute too!
Carole, I saw War Horse and had to cover my eyes for MANY parts of the movie. My heart was racing and it was very emotional. But a very good ending.

Janine said...

Lovely pictures, I love especially the donkey.

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

THanks Janine!

Whymsicalmusings said...

Just fabulous! I love the donkey seeing that face would bring a smile everyday:)
XXXXXX
Becky

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Thanks Becky! He is a cutie!

nino said...

beautiful photos :)