Tuesday, September 13, 2011

'do what you love, love what you do...'

This is the 'DO' edition of Texture Tuesday over at Kim's blog.  I have been so busy doing so many things lately that I wasn't sure I'd even have time to play along today.  I was busy last week doing things that I LOVE--- taking a workshop in mixed media weaving and bead weaving so I didn't participate last week. BUT I decided to take a moment & play along today since I also love to DO photography and photoshop and Kim's Texture Tuesday. You just have to make time to DO what you LOVE! As the Nike ads say...just DO it!
The above photo was actually 2 photos I layered together. One was early evening, as the moon was starting to come up and the sky was a beautiful medium blue. The other photo was taken a different day as the sun was setting and the sky had these gorgeous puffy clouds that were shades of coral, purple & blue. I layered these photos with Kim's 'crackerjack' texture x 2 at different blend modes and opacity.
Unfortunately, I didn't write them down before I flattened the image.
~live your life creatively & DO what you love~
cathy

16 comments:

Vickie ~ BGlad Papercrafts ~ WhimseyDimples Studio said...

What a moody shot you created!!
Love it!

Neringa said...

Beautifully done! Love the spooky feeling.. :)

Kathy said...

Visiting from "Texture Tuesdays". Wow, maybe someday I will be as knowledgeable as to know how to do all that you did to create this photo! Quite beautiful AND eery at the same time (meant totally as a compliment!).

Kathy

www.youllshootyoureyeout-kathy.blogspot.com

rosey71 said...

You did a very good job, the picture is very mysterieus
greetings RoSeY

colorpoems said...

This is beautiful!

Amarie said...

Gorgeous combination!

geetlee said...

wow! i love this shot! love the processing too :)

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Thanks so much everyone! This really did come out a bit eery. But I love the 2 pics combined especially with the crackerjack texture.

Veronica said...

this is very beautiful work!

Ali said...

Nicely done... forgive me but the music is also a little eerie.. the two together are fantastic!!! :0)

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Thanks girls! You're right Ali, the music is a bit eerie and goes well with the pic. It wasn't intentional but it works!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love your depth of mood in this image...you are on a roll. I have been missing seeing your newest works...I have had a bout with mono. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Relyn said...

I love this post. I have MUCH MORE doing that I need to focus on. Lately I've been tired and frazzled. Maybe if I just do - I will be less tired. That would be nice.

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love this image...you have captured the mood and the truth! Peace, Mary Helen

johanna said...

i found you by your comment on my blog (thank so much!)...
your "do"-post is wonderful... i also like this quote very much!

Gaby Bee said...

Love the effects on this photo ~ vibrant and spooky. You did a great job!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Gaby xo