Skip to main content

Teacup Texture Tuesday

A very quick post as today was a crazy, busy day. Just a few photos for the Texture Tuesdays challenge. This week's challenge was to use a photo of a teacup or coffee cup.
Here's mine.



























While I was out & about last Saturday I drove by a HUGE swan's nest. I drove round & round trying to figure out where to park so I could get a good shot. For now I'm just showing you papa swan. He was on high alert while I was walking around taking pix. He was quite a handsome fella too!


























I promise to show photos of mama swan and her nest later this week. I also plan to do another drive-by and see if the eggs have hatched.
I do have photos of baby geese. Usually the mama goose doesn't bring the babies out until Mother's Day weekend. This year she brought them out early. I have no idea why, since we're experiencing one of the coldest, wettest springs ever!
Here's the goose family.






















I love the bright chartreuse color of the babies! I regret to say that I have only seen them twice since last week. I do hope that a coyote or a hawk hasn't gotten them.

One last photo of a bird's nest built inside a light fixture. While I was driving around trying to find a place to park to get photos of the swan nest, I came upon this nest in the light. The light fixture was on a brick pillar at the entrance to a subdivision. Love all the feathers spilling out of the light.





































The teacup was layered with Kim Klassen's portrait texture & her love texture. Both times 2. A gaussian blur was also added.  The swan was layered with Kim's portrait texture and also The Pioneer Woman's edge burn action. The goose family was layered with Kim's love texture times 2. And the nest in the light was layered with Kim's chamomile texture-multiply x 2 and soft light x 1. I really like the way her texture really adds a nice aged effect to the brick.
So that's all I've got today. Tomorrow is Wordless Wednesday. Hopefully on Thursday I'll show you some photos of the swan nest and maybe some sketchbook work.
Until then...
live your life creatively~
cathy
kimklassencafe

Comments

Rural Revival said…
Lovely photos! The baby geese are so precious and I love the lantern light full of feathers. What a great find!

~Andrea~
Marilyn said…
Beeautiful photos and processing. I really like your china.
Julie@beingRUBY said…
Hi Cathy
Just popped over to say thanks for entering my giveaway and find your Texture Tuesday post... I'm slow to get around this week...

Fantastic that you captured those swans!!! lovely... And your Tree of Me!!! brilliant.. I really really love this... I have a thing for tree branches.. haha strange.. but see it is also a mind map.. of you!! really great..

PS... please feel free to enter another comment on the giveaway.. separate comments for the followers chance... thanks again and have a great day!!! ciao xxx Julie
Thank you all so much! I am having so much fun photographing all the water fowl near my house this spring.
As for the china.. it's an antique set passed down to me from my aunt who told me it was a hot chocolate set.
Or maybe just a tea set. There is a teapot with 4 little cups and saucers.
hkpowerstudio said…
Cathy, what a lovely effect you got with the teacup texture image. So soft and romantic! Thanks for commenting on my blog post as well. I'm having such a great time with Texture Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing more of your fun fiber arts as well, from a fellow fiber fan!
Deb said…
Sweet sweet photo for texture tuesday! your other photos are great too!!!
Sam said…
i am very much impressed with your blog, please kidly add my newly created blog, which is as below:

http://np-girl.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

August Design Challenge-Art Headpins!

This was definitely a challenge for me... I have just recently joined the Art Jewelry Elements group and thought I would sit this art headpin challenge out. Then after returning home from a quick trip to visit relatives I figured I should just go ahead and jump right in. 
Well...I didn't have time to order some of the lovely glass or ceramic headpins that some of my fellow AJE members create so I decide to just make my own.
So what do I make? How about polymer clay?  I haven't played with it in years, but what the heck, let's try it.  When I went to my stash the only colors I happen to have are black and purple. Hmmm-Ok, I can make it work.  Used a bit of Pearl-Ex powders on the clay before cooking and here they are.
 I thought it was too much Pearl Ex, so I sanded them. Then they were too blah, so I added dabs of gold ink here and there. (sorry I forgot to take photos after the sanding and dabbing of ink)
I attempted to go for something fun & funky and a little bit o…

AJE September Tree Challenge Reveal

The theme challenge of the month over at Art Jewelry Elements was 'trees'.  I was delighted that Caroline chose trees for the month of September. Trees happen to pop up quite often in my work.
I also happen to take a LOT of pictures of trees. They are a constant source of inspiration.
What's not to like about trees? They are beautiful during every season. In fact, I think during winter they might just be at their most beautiful.
If you read my last post, you saw that I ordered some fabulous jewelry elements from blueberribeads.
The first thing I made with trees in mind were these cute little earrings using the gingko leaf headpins. I paired them with Czech glass beads and some copper washers that I distressed and aged. Can't wait to wear these!!
                                                Trees and leaves and acorns-oh my!!

The next tree piece I created was the necklace (above left & below) using a gorgeous porcelain tree pendant made by Caroline over at bluebe…

Art Elements Component of the Month

I just love the team over at Art Elements!! Since joining I have been inspired to produce WAY more work than I would ever have created 'alone'. It really does take a village for me to get creative and work in my studio!
Every month there is a theme or a component of the month challenge at Art Elements.
Sugar skulls were the component of the month for October and was hosted by Jennifer Cameron. Jen creates beautiful lampwork glass beads and headpins. Fittingly, for October she created glass sugar skulls and distributed them amongst the group.  I also received the wonderful antique key with the glass bead on the end:-)
As soon as my sugar skull arrived I knew exactly what I wanted to create. (haha)
I happened to be working on the caged trinkets tutorial for the AE blog when the skull came so I had wire weaving on my mind. I cut some pieces of wire, flattened the ends into paddle shapes and twined thinner wire around the padddles. I ended up with a flat woven piece that fanned ou…