Thursday, September 16, 2010

Jewelry Update


The very next day after the meltdown of my micro torch I went out and purchased a new one. This time a different brand. I used it exactly 5 days and it just stopped working!!! So I took it back to Home Depot and they gave me a brand new one. Obviously I have some BAD mojo concerning torches! Maybe I'm just having so much fun making these pendants that I'm overworking them.
Oh well, so far the new one is doing fine. I'm not using it for 5 hours straight every single day. I'm giving it some time off.
As you can see by the above photo, I have made quite a few pendants, there are even more that have not been photographed.

Since I decided that using the torch constantly was probably not good for it and the fact that I haven't actually made a necklace out of any of these yet, I decided to take a break from making them and concentrate on
completing a necklace. I also plan to do a few bracelets. But all of these are destined for necklaces right now.

I also played around with etching some copper. These pieces above will be used in various projects.
The largest piece is going to be the cover of a journal, the smaller pieces used for a bracelet or two and then cut some smaller pieces to go into necklaces. I want to etch some brass and nickel as well but ran out of those 2 metals, so I just  used copper. It etched really well, although from this photo it's hard to tell.
Not a very good day for photography today-cloudy & rainy.
But I did take a photo of the first 2 completed necklaces. Here they are:







Now I'm off to my work table to finish more necklaces. Will photograph more later.
Life your life creatively~
cathy

1 comment:

Terri Kahrs said...

Ohhh, Cathy! I've missed you too, My Darling Friend!!! And just look at what you've been up to! These pendants are gorgeous, and the necklaces are fabulous! You certainly are the Queen of Mixed Media!!! Love & Hugs, Terri xoxox