Skip to main content

Happy Halloween........and Thank YOU!

  


The above painting is one I did way back in 2000 but it's one of my favorite paintings I've done. It's on an oval piece of wood. Every year when I get it out for the season I always wonder why I don't paint more often.

I want to share a few things I've received recently, starting with a Halloween ornament that I won in a raffle over at EHAG blog.It's a great blog for all things Halloweeny.


It was made by Melissa Valeriote better known as the Holiday Queen.If you LOVE Halloween, you should definitely visit the EHAG site and Melissa's blog. They are both filled with absolutely wonderful Halloween art. Thank you Melissa for creating this cute little witch!

The next item is one I received from the Pink Artists Block Party Raffle.
I was thrilled when I opened this up. The artist Doris Arndt is such a wonderful mixed media artist and I couldn't believe that I actually was the lucky winner of a mixed media painting by her. Here's her website link also.

                                                     
The next is an ATC that I received yesterday from Cheryl Strait. Thank you Cheryl, I love it. Cheryl had recently purchased some ceramic heads from me on etsy and she was so kind to send me an ATC.
Cheryl makes lovely jewelry, go check out her blog and her etsy. (she's having a sale!)



                                           
I know I promised a sampling of things I've been working on, but these other pieces needed to be shown first.
Hopefully in the next day or so I can finally show some works that have been 'brewing'.
Until then....happy trick or treating!

Comments

Terri Kahrs said…
Hey, Cathy!!! It's soooo good to hear from you, and look at all of the beautiful things you've received in the mail recently.

Believe it or not, I was thinking of you this morning, and said to myself, "Self, you need to send an email to Cathy." I've pictured you up to your ears in fabrics, textures and beads, happily creating - your version of Heaven!

Can't wait to see what you've been up to. I adore your Halloween painting. You SHOULD paint more - it's charming! Love & Halloween Hugs, Terri xoxo
Pilar said…
I love your halloween painting too. It is filled with the whimsey and magic of the season. Wishing you and yours a very happy halloween!
Cathy said…
Thanks Terri and Pilar! Happy Halloween :o]
Have a BOOTIFULLY Fangtastic Halloween my sweet friend!

I so love your painting so much fun!!!!
Sending you a big HUG!
XXXOOO
Becky
Cathy said…
Thanks Becky! Hope your Halloween was fantastic also!
xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Art Elements Component of the Month for April

Over at Art Elements Jen hosted the Component of the Month for April. She is a glass artist and made some amazing lampwork glass beads with texture. I just love the colors especially when the light hits it. She said she had the 'northern lights in mind' when she created these beauties.
She planted the 'northern lights' in my mind as well. Immediately I thought about freeform peyote and creating some sort of movement of light and color streaking through the sky. I have to confess I do a LOT of bead embroidery and some peyote bezeling BUT I don't do a lot of bead weaving. But I thought this was my chance to do some practicing!
I attempted to created lots of movement/texture with the beading. I left some open spaces and also created lots of waving/rippling with changing up the bead size periodically. AND I had no idea what I was doing. Just picking up beads and trying them out. I think it worked okay.
Once I got the slightly irregular piece beaded, I needed to figure …

Art Elements Component of the Month

I just love the team over at Art Elements!! Since joining I have been inspired to produce WAY more work than I would ever have created 'alone'. It really does take a village for me to get creative and work in my studio!
Every month there is a theme or a component of the month challenge at Art Elements.
Sugar skulls were the component of the month for October and was hosted by Jennifer Cameron. Jen creates beautiful lampwork glass beads and headpins. Fittingly, for October she created glass sugar skulls and distributed them amongst the group.  I also received the wonderful antique key with the glass bead on the end:-)
As soon as my sugar skull arrived I knew exactly what I wanted to create. (haha)
I happened to be working on the caged trinkets tutorial for the AE blog when the skull came so I had wire weaving on my mind. I cut some pieces of wire, flattened the ends into paddle shapes and twined thinner wire around the padddles. I ended up with a flat woven piece that fanned ou…

January's Component of the Month-Leather Cabochons

Lindsay over at Art Elements, chose to create leather cabochons for the January component of the month.  That's right, I said LEATHER cabochons! I knew that leather is moldable and malleable, but never considered creating a cabochon out it. Brilliant Lindsay & thank you.
As soon as Lindsay posted photos of these beauties they reminded me of aboriginal art. Probably because of the dots she painted on them but the colors and the fact that they were leather just made me think of aboriginal/tribal jewelry. As soon as my cabochon arrived I knew exactly what I would make-a talisman type necklace with a tribal/aboriginal feel to it.
I was so excited to get started that I completely forgot to photograph it BEFORE I beaded around it. So here it is after beading and before completing the necklace.

I pulled out various components and found objects that I could use as talismans to hang from the necklace. I chose a carved Camel bone pendant that I have had for years. It has dots carved in…