Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Creativity is a drug I cannot live without. " Cecil B. DeMille

I can't believe I'm posting again so soon! I decided to try and post at least a photo a day of something I made or just a pretty picture.
Today you get both.
First up, the new pieces I just got out of the kiln today. These are my first coffee mugs. Not too bad. I'll try them out tomorrow and see if I like them. There's also a bowlful of heads/faces. I plan to post some on etsy to see how they do. They're great little pieces for mixed media dolls and also for beading projects. I have also used some in mixed media quilts. Very versatile!



Next photo is my little shadow. Her name is Emmy and she follows me around like a dog. She will not allow me to drink my coffee and read the paper without getting right in the middle of it.




These last two are the gorgeous sunset last night. My husband called me out to the deck to look at it. I ran in immediately and got my camera. I have about 10 photos in all. I will post the rest on my flickr if you're interested in viewing more.

I just couldn't believe the colors and the puffy texture of the clouds.


I did not alter these AT ALL!



See you soon, until then live creatively every single day~

4 comments:

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Uh oh! You're gonna keep my busy now with lots of lovely posts! That's not really an uh oh, I'm just kidding! This was lovely!

Janine said...

This are really nice coffee-mugs, I love the creamy colours and your little faces, the are phantastic.
And your catphoto is so sweet.
Have a lovely day
Janine

Terri Kahrs said...

I'd never, ever guess that these were your first mugs, Cathy! Nice work! I've never tried pottery and am fascinated with the process. And those little faces are adorable! (I've always had a "thing" for the Man in the Moon!) Hugs, Terri xoxo

Cathy said...

Thanks Marsha, Janine and Terri!
The mugs are usable, tried them out this am. I'm always critical of my own work so I see flaws but they're not too shabby for first time.