Skip to main content

A Big Thank You!


This award was presented to me last week from the wonderfully talented and sweet Alberta over at amusing muses. Please take the time to go visit her blog if you don't already know her. She's a sweetheart and her art is such a joy to look at.
She was extremely thoughtful in her post about this award and actually took the time to find just the right quote to go with each recipient. When I read her post I thought I would do the same. Then I got busy trying to get my breast cancer project completed and posted by the deadline with a promise to blog about the award. WELL, it seems the hurrier I go, the behinder I get! Or something like that...
First of all we are on the countdown to moving back to college for my daughter and these last few weeks are being spent picking up all the necessaries for back-to-school and obviously spending as much time as possible with my kid!
Last Saturday morning was intended for posting about the award BUT I was running about in a frenzy trying to get the house in order for family that was coming in Saturday night. And on top of that we had tickets to go see the White Sox play the Yankees! We hadn't been to a baseball game all summer and although we are warming to the White Sox since we live outside Chicago, we are Yankee fans! The game was a bit disappointing for Yankee fans but it was fun and I took lots of pictures which I will post on flickr soon.
On the way home from the game we picked up my brother, his wife and their daughter from the airport. It was a quick visit, but we managed to squeeze a ton of sightseeing in and I will post some lovely pictures later from the excursions.

NOW, on to the award presentations...
I'm supposed to award this to 5 other people. It's always hard to pick and choose since there are so many lovely blogs and bloggers out there.
I will however, try to choose 5.
First one goes to Terri Kahrs over at Pringle Hill Studio for ALWAYS leaving a comment and for being a sister at heart. Seriously I think we must have been related in another life! She's a wonderful artist whose work is beautifully detailed and always makes me smile. Thank you Terri!
Second goes to Janine at JoinJanine, who like Terri, always comments and she is very generous with her art. She paints beautifully!
Third one goes to Marsha at Tumblefish Studio. Marsha is a dear and leaves great comments. I feel like she is also a sister at heart. It seems the more I get to know some of you, the more alike I realize we all are! Marsha's art always grabs my attention. Her colors are so brilliant. She also has started an Art Piracy Campaign
which you should check out.
Fourth award goes to Tammy at Country Folk Art. She paints beautifully and she is so generous. She organized a fundraiser to benefit an adorable little girl who has cancer. Thanks for all your efforts Tammy.
Last but not least... Monica over at girl gone thread wild! She is phenomenal! She
organizes the Pink Artists Block Party fundraiser for breast cancer and she manages to organize other challenges to bring awareness to other causes as well.
Thanks for all that you do Monica!
I would also like to point out that I have visited hundreds of other blogs who
have beautiful photos, artwork and eloquent words and you are just as worthy
of awards. I just happened to narrow it down to these few women whom I come into
'contact' with more. The blog world has opened my eyes to a whole other world and
I'm finding not only beautiful art but beautiful people as well.
Thank you to everyone out there who is making the world a better place by exercising your creative talents!
Have a great weekend~

Comments

Oh Cathy! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are such a sweetheart and like you I feel like we are soul sisters. I have a lot of good wonderful amazing blog friends but there are a few, like you, that I connect with like I was destined to cross paths with sooner or later one way or another. So congratulations to you and thank you for honoring me with this!
Terri Kahrs said…
Oh, Cathy! You're NEVER MIA in my heart! I've been thinking about you, and thought you might be getting ready for back to school. (Sniff, sniff!)(Empty nests are not easy to live with!) (More sniffs!)

Thank you, thank you for this beautiful award, but more importantly, for your beautiful words! You've made my day and made me blush simultaneously. Although we found each other "virtually", I truly believe that we're separated souls! I'm just SO happy that we found each other "in this life"! LOL Thanks again, My Friend!!!! xoxox Love & more hugs, Terri xoxoxo
What a great list of artist. All my favorites too. Congratulations Cathy you are also inspiring. Hugs, Diane
Tammy said…
Cathy,You are such a Wonderful Person yourself, with a heart as big as the great outdoors.
Thank You for your kind words, this great award, and for being such a great blog friend.
Have a Great Weekend!
Many Hugs and Blessings!
Tammy
Janine said…
Dear Cathy,
I can´t imagine something that I liked more, than to make people smile with my paintings and my blog.
So this award is wonderful and I thank you so much,for your kind words and for being such a nice and fríendly person.
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Janine
cherylstrait said…
Hi Cathy,
The new blog look is so colorful,
I love the pics of the flowers below, such vibrant colors...and The Pink artist Bra is great!
I'll pop back again soon...
Cathy said…
Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments! although I chose only 5 people for the award, I feel like you all deserve one!
thanks again for stopping by~
Right back at cha . . . there's a little award waiting for you at my place now too. We are just full of mutual admiration. Don't worry if you don't have it in you to send out another on your blog, it's just a little smile for you from me.
Cathy said…
Thanks so much Marsha! Definitely mutual admiration. Your blog always makes me smile, so thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

August Design Challenge-Art Headpins!

This was definitely a challenge for me... I have just recently joined the Art Jewelry Elements group and thought I would sit this art headpin challenge out. Then after returning home from a quick trip to visit relatives I figured I should just go ahead and jump right in. 
Well...I didn't have time to order some of the lovely glass or ceramic headpins that some of my fellow AJE members create so I decide to just make my own.
So what do I make? How about polymer clay?  I haven't played with it in years, but what the heck, let's try it.  When I went to my stash the only colors I happen to have are black and purple. Hmmm-Ok, I can make it work.  Used a bit of Pearl-Ex powders on the clay before cooking and here they are.
 I thought it was too much Pearl Ex, so I sanded them. Then they were too blah, so I added dabs of gold ink here and there. (sorry I forgot to take photos after the sanding and dabbing of ink)
I attempted to go for something fun & funky and a little bit o…

AJE September Tree Challenge Reveal

The theme challenge of the month over at Art Jewelry Elements was 'trees'.  I was delighted that Caroline chose trees for the month of September. Trees happen to pop up quite often in my work.
I also happen to take a LOT of pictures of trees. They are a constant source of inspiration.
What's not to like about trees? They are beautiful during every season. In fact, I think during winter they might just be at their most beautiful.
If you read my last post, you saw that I ordered some fabulous jewelry elements from blueberribeads.
The first thing I made with trees in mind were these cute little earrings using the gingko leaf headpins. I paired them with Czech glass beads and some copper washers that I distressed and aged. Can't wait to wear these!!
                                                Trees and leaves and acorns-oh my!!

The next tree piece I created was the necklace (above left & below) using a gorgeous porcelain tree pendant made by Caroline over at bluebe…

Art Elements Component of the Month

I just love the team over at Art Elements!! Since joining I have been inspired to produce WAY more work than I would ever have created 'alone'. It really does take a village for me to get creative and work in my studio!
Every month there is a theme or a component of the month challenge at Art Elements.
Sugar skulls were the component of the month for October and was hosted by Jennifer Cameron. Jen creates beautiful lampwork glass beads and headpins. Fittingly, for October she created glass sugar skulls and distributed them amongst the group.  I also received the wonderful antique key with the glass bead on the end:-)
As soon as my sugar skull arrived I knew exactly what I wanted to create. (haha)
I happened to be working on the caged trinkets tutorial for the AE blog when the skull came so I had wire weaving on my mind. I cut some pieces of wire, flattened the ends into paddle shapes and twined thinner wire around the padddles. I ended up with a flat woven piece that fanned ou…