My new blog friend Janine tagged me last week. I've been a real slacker lately and have not been posting or visiting with my cyber friends. I apologize. Life just seems to keep getting in the way! I was dealing with a few more (hopefully minor)health issues last week AND we went to pick my daughter up from college on Thursday. We brought home what seemed like an ENORMOUS amount of STUFF from her college dorm room and barely got it unpacked when she was off again to visit her old friends in GA. She is there right now catching up with buddies much like I did a few weeks ago. I am happy for her. She has some really good friends there.
The rules for tagging are supposed to be that I offer up 6 things that make me happy. Then I'm supposed to tag 6 more people. WELL......
I'm going to bend the rules a bit and include photos that go along with the 10 things that make me happy.(tried to keep it at 6 but there's just so many darn things that make me smile) Instead of tagging 6 more people I am going to extend the offer to anyone visiting my blog to
go through your photos and come up with photos depicting whatever number of things that make you happy or just take a day to shoot some photos of the people, places or things that bring a smile to your face! That way I don't put people on the 'spot' by tagging them when they prefer not to be tagged or making them feel obligated to post and tag.
By doing this I will hopefully inspire a lot more than 6 folks to share photos and snippets of info on themselves. Have fun with it and share your thoughts!
1. First and foremost of the things that make me happy are family. Art is also a huge part of my happiness so I'm showing a painting I did a few years ago for my husband on our 'dating anniversary'. Yes, that's right, we celebrate our first date every year as well as our wedding anniversary. Isn't that cute? So the painting is what makes me the MOST happy---family, home, love and of course ART.
2. The beauty of the sky just before sunrise, especially over the Atlantic Ocean. aahhhhhhh, so breathtaking.
(this was taken July 2007 at St. Augustine Beach, FL)
3.THE BEACH-Period... Any time, anywhere, any beach always makes me happy! I've always said that sitting on the beach and listening to the surf is better than all the Valium in the world! Perfectly Peaceful.
(this was taken April 2006 at Pensacola Beach, FL) ...gorgeous beach
Below-Another beach shot of St. Augustine (2007) and the beauty of the sky as a storm is rolling in.
4. Just so my 4-legged friends don't get upset, these are not necessarily in order of importance!
My dear little Emmy-she's a 6 yr old domestic shorthair and she has an abundance of personality! She's always making me smile.
5. My crazy airedale terrier, ROCKY! If anyone has read or seen the movie Marley & Me, he is almost exactly like Marley!!! Watching after him is a full time job... But I love him so. Again, he has more personality than any dog I've ever had.
6. My sweet Tabitha! Although I never call her Tabitha, her nickname is
TibbySue. Don't ask why??? I just started calling her that and it stuck. She is 12 yrs old and purrs more than any cat I've ever had.
7. Horses. Love them, always have. But never really rode them. Now
that my daughter rides, I'm reconnecting with a childhood dream.
This photo below is a picture of the horse we just sold when she was a baby. Cutie!
8. Flowers. Love them, always have. When I was a kid I used to go around the neighborhood picking everyone's flowers. My mother always sent me back to their houses to apologize and offer the flowers back, but everyone always let me keep the flowers! Love all flowers but my faves are peonies, iris, roses, lilies & daffodils.
Below is a bed of Siberian Iris at the Chicago Botanical Gardens.
9. New York City!!! I've loved NY since my first visit there in 1984. Fell instantly in love with the energy of the city. It's like no other. I tried hard to find
just one picture to post but decided to offer 3 different shots. First is obviously a street sign taken near South Street Seaport.
Next is Central Park on a beautiful October day.
Next shot is St. Patrick's Cathedral on Madison Ave. Such a gorgeous building.
10. And Finally...The first snowfall of the season. Such a serene setting. The world seems to slow down and everything gets quiet.
Ok, everyone. Go through your photos or plan a day just to reconnect with the little things that make you smile. Share them with us!
Have a perfectly wonderful week~
Over at Art Elements Sue had the pleasure of choosing June's theme . She chose sunflowers. How could anyone not want to participate, ri...
Over at Art Elements Caroline created the most beautiful starry bead sets for August's Component of the Month Design Challenge. Below...
It was Laney's turn at hosting the Component of the Month design challenge over at Art Elements . Laney makes the cutest whimsical lam...
Over at the Art Elements site we are having a Christmas Ornament blog hop this month . When Lesley first posted about the idea for Decem...