Sunday, March 8, 2009
What a Wonderful Surprise!
I awoke to a rather gray, ugly day. It is raining and has been for over 24 hours.
I went to my computer to check my blog and my wonderful new friend Becky over at whymsicalmusings awarded me with this fabulous award. I am flabbergasted!
I'm not sure I'm worthy of an award but I'll certainly accept it with smiles!
I began this blog just a couple of months ago not exactly sure what to expect out here in cyberspace. I have been pleasantly surprised by all the kind, creative spirits I have encountered. I feel like I have met so many wonderfully talented women in such a short period of time. It has truly opened up my world, creatively and spiritually.I feel like we are all on the same journey in life. We are all putting our hearts and souls out here through our art and through our writing. It's such a joy to know that there is such a grand fellowship of women who are so eager to open up and share not only their art, but their lives with one another.
I'm so new to this blogging thing that I'm not sure if I'm passing on this award in the 'correct' way. I am supposed to pass this on to 8 more people AFTER I share with you 7 things that I love.
So here it is...
1. My dear husband of almost 22 years, without him I would not be able to stay home and create art
2. My dear daughter who is 18 and a college freshman and the best thing I ever created
3. My 2 dear step-children along with their great choice of spouses
4. My 3 dear granchildren courtesy of the step-kids
5. My wonderful little 4-legged creatures who share my life (one horse, one dog, 2 cats)
6. My ability to do what I love, I realize there are alot of people who never get the opportunity to do that
7. My life right now is pretty lovable : )
This award I received is accompanied by the following words: "This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award." I now have to pass this award on to 8 fellow bloggers.
I am passing this award on to new friends whom I think are amazingly creative and have such fun blogs to read. I also want to thank Becky who is a fabulous artist and also
has a fun, creative blog!