Monday, March 30, 2009

Not My Idea of Spring!


I'm back in the land of blogging. I feel as though I was gone for a month!I posted last Tuesday but wasn't able to visit blogs like I normally do.
Had a great week with my daughter.Bittersweet since we had to deal with saying goodbye to her horse.
We did however, do just about everything together! She's definitely my buddy, my pal.
We went to see a movie, went shopping ALOT and went to the barn for her to ride Zinardi (the new horse).Although, she is very quick to point out the fact that
"WE HAVEN'T BOUGHT HIM-SO HE'S NOT REALLY MINE! Minor details...
We also made it to the barn where our old horse Dizzy now resides and she looks quite content where she is. She didn't act as though she was upset with us, which would've made it harder to walk away and leave her there.My daughter seemed to handle the whole situation quite well, probably better than me.
Dear Daughter is now back at college with only 7 weeks left in her freshman year.Amazing how fast this year has flown by.I imagine the next 3 years will zoom by as well and she'll be graduating before I am ready!!!
Enough about the joys/pangs of motherhood and letting go! The pictures above and below are not recent ones because my CAMERA is still in the shop for repairs
BUT IT DID SNOW HERE! AGAIN!~ AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SPRING! What is up with that?
Of course I kinda thought~just maybe old man winter had one or two more snowstorms
up his sleeve for this area where I live. Probably just to initiate me into the LONG drawn out winters of the midwest where spring REALLY doesn't appear until the end of MAY! Even though I didn't take these exact photos yesterday, I could have. The birds were really swarming around the house and yard. They were searching for food in the many birdfeeders I have up. Since the weather had warmed up (that is until Sat.)
the birds had vacated the feeders and were content to pick at the ground in search of worms I suppose. But with the 5 inches of snow we got on Saturday night they were left to fight over the food in the feeders.There were a couple of pairs of cardinals and lots of finches all around. Such beautiful little creatures.
My week is going to be glorious! AS much fun as I had with my daughter last week,
I got very little done in my studio so this is the week to be creatively prolific!
My husband leaves tomorrow for business and then is joining some golf friends for a boys' golf outing over the weekend. I will be completely alone except for the 4-legged creatures in the house. I plan to do MANY projects! I will try to post a little something each day. With or without photos. (hopefully I'll have my camera back by the end of the week)I also plan to visit all my blogging friends and maybe search out some new ones this week.
So my friends...make it a creatively wonderful week!
I'll be in touch~

*note: I took these photos through the window which created a kind of hazy look.
took them back in early December when we had our FIRST BIG snow.

6 comments:

Beth said...

I haven't seen your sweet girl since before she was in kindergarten! Time has really flown. :)

TextileTraveler said...

Wow, great pics! I love that little bird in the last one!

Cathy Mendola said...

Yes, Beth time has REALLY flown! I haven't seen your little girl since she was an infant!

Cathy Mendola said...

Thanks Michelle! I took the picture through my window. We have a birdfeeder hanging just outside my bedroom window and it's always full of cute little finches.

Terri Kahrs said...

Love these pics! Springtime is just around the corner - you've gotta believe! Hope you've had a very successful, artfully filled week! Have a super weekend! Terri xoxo

Cathy Mendola said...

Thanks Terri! I love taking photos of birds.
There are so many around my house, along with an assortment of geese and ducks and an occasional heron. I've also got a red-headed woodpecker that drops in occasionally as well.
He's much harder to catch with the camera.
Thanks again dear!
Can't wait to see more of your photos.
xoxo