Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Peony caught in a Snowstorm...


OK,I KNOW, I KNOW... I'm supposed to be in my art studio, creating art. NOT playing on
the computer AGAIN. Yet, here I am, posting more artwork on flickr. So I thought I'd
blog about this piece since I started it when I started the background canvas for the poppies that I blogged about and am still working on. I finished the Peony a few weeks ago and was unsure about whether it needed something else?? So I let it sit a few
days and stared at it quite a bit, then realized I didn't have a stem at the bottom
of the large blossom, so I painted one on and VOILA! I think I'm done!
Live Creatively!

2 comments:

Hayley Egan said...

Love the texture and colour in this! Is it paint or collage? (the texture)
X Hayley

Hayley Egan said...

Tissue paper....That explains the subtleness of the creases... Very delicate!
X Hayley