Skip to main content

"In the Orchard, there lived a Bird Lady"

OK, so I've done it again! Moved on to another project before finishing the others I had started. I couldn't help myself! My daily art project of creating one tag per day got my 'juices' flowing. I just had to start a larger
collage piece-the tags were just too limited in size to satisfy me.
So when I should've been working on completing my poppies painting,
I started this 8 x 10 collage. It's a little different than my usual stuff-or at least I think it is. Anyway, I really liked it as I was working on it, so of course I had to start another and then another. I have one that is almost
finished and a third in the process of working out the placement of the
elements. I'll post those as I finish.
By the way, my fabric piece is embroidered and half finished with the beading-I'm working on that at night while watching TV.
Life your life Creatively!

Comments

I'll leave a comment on your flickr too, but just wanted to tell you this piece is stunning! Just beautiful. The layers and depth are so inviting. I just love it.

I'm all goofed up in what I should be doing and when too - following muses is sometimes what we're meant to do rather than what we plan to do!

Have a good Monday!
marsha

Popular posts from this blog

August Design Challenge-Art Headpins!

This was definitely a challenge for me... I have just recently joined the Art Jewelry Elements group and thought I would sit this art headpin challenge out. Then after returning home from a quick trip to visit relatives I figured I should just go ahead and jump right in. 
Well...I didn't have time to order some of the lovely glass or ceramic headpins that some of my fellow AJE members create so I decide to just make my own.
So what do I make? How about polymer clay?  I haven't played with it in years, but what the heck, let's try it.  When I went to my stash the only colors I happen to have are black and purple. Hmmm-Ok, I can make it work.  Used a bit of Pearl-Ex powders on the clay before cooking and here they are.
 I thought it was too much Pearl Ex, so I sanded them. Then they were too blah, so I added dabs of gold ink here and there. (sorry I forgot to take photos after the sanding and dabbing of ink)
I attempted to go for something fun & funky and a little bit o…

AJE September Tree Challenge Reveal

The theme challenge of the month over at Art Jewelry Elements was 'trees'.  I was delighted that Caroline chose trees for the month of September. Trees happen to pop up quite often in my work.
I also happen to take a LOT of pictures of trees. They are a constant source of inspiration.
What's not to like about trees? They are beautiful during every season. In fact, I think during winter they might just be at their most beautiful.
If you read my last post, you saw that I ordered some fabulous jewelry elements from blueberribeads.
The first thing I made with trees in mind were these cute little earrings using the gingko leaf headpins. I paired them with Czech glass beads and some copper washers that I distressed and aged. Can't wait to wear these!!
                                                Trees and leaves and acorns-oh my!!

The next tree piece I created was the necklace (above left & below) using a gorgeous porcelain tree pendant made by Caroline over at bluebe…

Art Elements Component of the Month

I just love the team over at Art Elements!! Since joining I have been inspired to produce WAY more work than I would ever have created 'alone'. It really does take a village for me to get creative and work in my studio!
Every month there is a theme or a component of the month challenge at Art Elements.
Sugar skulls were the component of the month for October and was hosted by Jennifer Cameron. Jen creates beautiful lampwork glass beads and headpins. Fittingly, for October she created glass sugar skulls and distributed them amongst the group.  I also received the wonderful antique key with the glass bead on the end:-)
As soon as my sugar skull arrived I knew exactly what I wanted to create. (haha)
I happened to be working on the caged trinkets tutorial for the AE blog when the skull came so I had wire weaving on my mind. I cut some pieces of wire, flattened the ends into paddle shapes and twined thinner wire around the padddles. I ended up with a flat woven piece that fanned ou…