Friday, February 20, 2009

"God gave man the cat in order that he may have the pleasure of caressing the tiger." Ancient Proverb


I started this morning out with yoga. I'm trying to gradually change my behavior in that I need to get myself moving earlier in the day. I usually have coffee, read the paper, make myself oatmeal and head to the computer. Then by the time I realize it, my day seems half over and I haven't exercised or been in my art studio. One of my new year resolutions was to get moving; exercise of some sort first thing in the morning.
Well, today was the first day I actually did it FIRST! Well, not before having my coffee, but BEFORE I sat down at the computer!
The above quote came to me as I was lying on the floor doing my Rodney Yee Yoga Video because one of my cats came and laid down beside me and did her cat-version of
yoga. I have always loved cats and this quote has always made me smile. So the start to my day-my weekend started off just perfectly! Hope you all have a perfectly good
weekend as well.
The above photo is the bottom portion of an art quilt I've been working on. I had posted a photo of it in the early stages in a previous posting. I think I'm done.
I really love how it turned out.

2 comments:

whymsicalmusings said...

Cathy OH MY this is just amazing. I can't hardley thread a needle! Not because I am getting older or anything really really I am not or so I try to tell myself!
Anyway what a wonderful talent this truly is stunning. Thank you for sharing it.
BTW I LOVE CATS two I have 4 of them:)
XXXX
Becky

Jo in NZ said...

Wow, your seascape is beautiful.
Found you via ETSY.