Friday, January 23, 2009

Poppies are blooming...

This is the 'work in progress' I blogged about a few days ago. I added some chinese characters
and sketched in some poppies. I blocked in the basic color of the poppies and am now going back
in to give them some shadows and highlights. So far I think I might like this one.
Since posting about this one, I actually started several more canvases. I'm on a roll now!
As I'm painting, I'm planning and scheming about all the other ideas springing up for more mixed media art. I'm so excited!!! So many ideas...Now all I need to do is stay off the computer,
stop playing with the cat & get to my studio!
Live creatively!
cathy aka pinkbirdgirl

1 comment:

TattingChic said...

Your piece is coming along nicely! Just popped back over to say thank you for entering my tatting giveaway! I enjoyed hearing about your Great Aunt who used to tat. You are right, it is NOT a lost or dying art! Tatting is alive and well! Good luck to you! :)