Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ADD OR an Overly Creative Mind?

Do you ever feel like you have adult ADD? Just can't seem to focus on any one thing
until you're finished with it? Well, I certainly have a problem staying with just
one form of art. I jump around from painting, to collage, to fabric art, to making
jewelry , and then on to working with clay! So I've decided to give myself a break-not be too harsh with myself for not having the ability to stay focused on
one particular medium. I'm going to start calling it Hyper-Creativity Disorder!
Or HCD if you will. There's just so many things I want to play with and it seems
there's so few hours in a day. So I generally have at least 5 projects going at any
one time. Although the projects are Generally in the same medium, i.e. 5 collage
projects, or 3 background paintings, etc. I try to finish those little projects then
move on to another medium. Last week I posted a work in progress. A canvas I started
layering colors on, then showed you the poppies I started to paint. I haven't finished that one yet. I did however finish another one that I haven't posted yet
as I'm not sure how much I love it.
I was hoping to finish my canvas before the urge struck to move on to another art form but that didn't happen! I have moved on to a project that got put on hold when
we moved over the summer. I'm really excited about it now that I found it.
So here's another work in progress. It's fabric art. The base if velvet that I embroidered on first, then felted silk fibers across the bottom. I'm going for
an ocean theme. So the next thing I plan to do is alot more hand embroidery along
with beading. I'll let you know what happens. Who knows, I'll probably start another project!
Live Life Creatively~

2 comments:

Jess said...

OMG.. I love that word! HCD Hyper-Creativity Disorder. Deffinitly coin to tell that to my husband tonight!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I think Jess meant to say it - you've coined a new phrase and I am all over it! I am so there with you! Thanks for all of the kind comments on my blog. You are too good to me. And, I think we are all feeling the same way and look at each other's work and think the other one is crazy. But in our support of each other you realize you, yourself, are not crazy at least! I look forward to taking some time to look at everyone else's art today and this weekend. Can't wait to see all of your work come to fruition - they all sound so fun and exciting!